09 March 2009

Forward then back


Photo: tanakawho

Things have been sliding a bit here in Yo-yo no more land. Not for any particular reason, I have no real excuse. I guess it's just the natural up and down of things. I remember a teacher of mine talking about life. He described life not as a straight line from one place to the next, but as a continuous spiral. It's really the two steps forward one step back principle. The concept that life does not flow always in one direction, we are constantly moving forward and backward and forward again. I'm in a backward phase right now, but the good thing is that soon there will be a forward stage, if my teacher's theory is right.

I wonder how people keep on track? How do you keep your goals in the forefront of your mind and not let the chaos of life drown out what you are trying to do? I wonder?


"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest, I do not judge the universe"
Dalai Lama

1 comment:

  1. I can only say that for me, it's keeping the end goal in sight, not taking failure as an option, and persistence. Anyone who has succeeded at anything has fallen down a lot (maybe more than others) the important thing about the person who succeeds though is that they NEVER GIVE UP!

    ReplyDelete