03 April 2009

5 Things I'm Proud of #10


I can't believe I've had 10 "5 Things I'm Proud of". That's 50 things I've been consciously proud of this year, it's a funny concept, a big change. I'm so used to always listing the negatives, what a difference a shift in focus makes. Last night I had a lapse, caught a reflection of myself in the mirror zoned in on my thighs and started down the path of doom of gloom. But I stopped before the words escaped. There's power in this being proud thing, so onwards......

1. Sticking at these lists, it's working, and life is looking a hell of a lot better for it.

2. Not bailing on The Terrier or Team Absolute Abs, despite the torrential rain

3. Walking, walking , walking which really helps the thinking, thinking, thinking.

4. Continuing to eat slowly, and maybe even getting a little better at it.

5. Officially being part of the D-man's life, I hope I can teach him half as much as what I'm sure he'll teach me.

"Bart, having never received any words of encouragement myself, I'm not sure how they're supposed to sound. But here goes: I believe in you."
Lisa Simpson

4 comments:

  1. have a great weekend, B!!
    Im learning from your lists as well.
    your sticking to them.
    and how theyre working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy! (who is he?)
    If you lived close to me, or I lived close to you, I would have loved to walk with you, and think too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lists are such a great idea. I LOVE the walking & thinking; am super big on that too. I'm trying to eat slower as well, that ones a toughie sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miz: great weekend to you too, glad my funny little lists help :)

    Nurit: That's my gorgeous godson. Walking with you in spirit is good too!

    Living healthy: Eating slower is hard, but I'm finding food is so much better when I do it.... the fast gorge is losing it's appeal, I never thought that would happen......

    ReplyDelete